A Grandpa's Story Leads To Purchase Of Dragonfly Remote Controlled Helicopter

Below is a story about a grown man and the inspiration the grandfather had that instilled him to buy a kind of remote control helicopter. It is told in a first person voice.


Once, my grandfather told me a story that encouraged me to buy a dragonfly t487 remote control helicopter.


When he was a little boy, my grandfather live in rural Pennsylvania where his nearest nearby was about six miles away. With this kind of distance, no doubt there weren't many kids to hang out with. He said the way he killed the afternoons, he'd catch the dragonflies out by the little swamp near the back of his house. One summer, a cousin of his came to visit from New Jersey.


This cousin was from a suburb of New York City and not accustomed to doing the things that my grandfather was. However, my grandfather wanted to show him how he passed the time and took him down to that pond. Needless to say, when he saw the dragonfly my grandfather was trying to grab for, he yelled loudly, ran back to the house to stay inside and did not come out the entire rest of summer. His cousin was more into matchbox cars at the time. When he got older, my grandfather joined the armed forces and was one of the first United States soldiers to fly a helicopter during any combat.


Due to the funny summer cousin story involving the dragon fly (I have heard it many times over the course of my lifetime.) and the career path he had chosen, defending our country in the U.S. Air Force, when I discovered the dragonfly tt487 remote control helicopter, I purchased it as tribute to my grandfather (Around four years ago, he passed away from prostate cancer. He was 75 years old,) and because this helicopter is a great flying device.


However, my son never got to know his great-grandfather so whenever I get the chance, I take the prospect to let him know how great a man my grandfather was. Even more so, when we are flying the dragonfly t487 remote control helicopter in the large meadow behind our home. 


My son loves to remind me that I often tell him the dragonfly story. He makes fun of me like I did to my grandfather for repeating the same silly story. So far, I have told him this story about ten times, unlike the 15 to 20 I heard growing up. However, I hope this shows my son and makes him realize the significance of family and how the ancestors were. How we should be thanking them for all the blessings and the good fortune we have in our lives today.


I pray all the time that the story of his great-grandfather will get passed on to his son or daughter when he grows up and have his own family. Maybe they will be flying their own dragonfly t587 remote control helicopters.


Of course, this assumes if I do not get to tell the story first about the man who I admired most and who shaped my life to give me the strength and courage to succeed in all my endeavors every single day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

iRobot Pet Series